Days of Our Lives: Comings & Goings.
There are some mixed signals coming out of the casting at Days right now. Citing budget restrictions, the show has made it clear that there will be more cutbacks in the future and three actors are being let go. Although who these performers are is yet to be made official, it is known that one of them is a vet of the series while the other two are female roles. We’ll keep you posted…
In other news… Days is also hiring on more actors.
Galen Gering and Eric Martsolf will be marching into Salem in the near future. Although rumors about this have been circulating for about nine months, the show would not confirm it until now. Both actors, of course, are veterans of former fellow NBC soap Passions. Galen Gering (ex-Luis) will be coming to the show as an FBI agent. The date of his arrival is set for the end of October but we don’t know exactly what he’ll be up to. Meanwhile, Eric Martsolf (ex-Ethan) is currently preparing to take on the role of Brady Black. Fans can expect to see him appear in mid-November. This is sure to be an interesting development. How will the one time junkie react to his strange new father and, come to think of it, all of his new DiMera relatives? We’ll have to wait and see.
*Renowned dancer and frequent TV bully, Jordi Caballero, appeared as Claude on September 9. In addition to blackmailing Trent so that he could have a date with his daughter, one of his thugs took a shot at Nick.
* Steve Blackwood (ex-Bart Beiderbecke) told our friends at Soaps.com that he won’t be returning as Bart or evil-Bart, dashing the hopes of many for doses of Days intentional humor.
* Kristen Renton (Morgan Hollingsworth) has been let go from the cast and is not expected to return.
* Linden Ashby (Paul Hollingsworth) has also been let go now that his story is complete.
* The role of Eleanor Thomas is going to be played by Freda Foh Shen. You will get to see her beginning on Thursday, September 18.
* Ross Matthews resumes the role of Chris on Tuesday, September 9.
Photo Credit: Soap Opera fan Blog
Fun fact! Matthew Purvis wrote this story just for you on September 23rd, 2008 |